I'm on My Way to Believing

*I found this from when I was younger. I used to look up at the sky and wish that I could leave Earth and go home. I remember writing this and feeling like no one would understand. Little did I realize that this wasn't an unusual feeling. I didn't title it, I normally didn't title things because I felt it restricted my thoughts and feelings if I did it that way, but I put one for the blog.

Eyes cascade to mother’s soil
Heel toe, heel toe
Cold chains, drooping seat
Back and forth
The night, those stars
They dance, slide across the sky
One by one
 To and fro, to and fro
Too far, so close
Swing high,
 higher! Higher!
Light, love, acceptance.
One more, room for one more.
Love me, shine for me.
Swing higher!
Light’s warmth holds my face with two hands.
Hair strokes my face forward and backward.
Almost there, please!
Hands up in praise.
Legs stiff like my future.
Jump! Reach! Beg! Soar!
Drop, failure,dishonor, shame.
 Blood slides across my elbow.
         Cry, cry, stop.
                                                                  Sniffle, sniffle, stop.
                                                                        Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making My Peace

Feelings UNmutual.

Dreams Remind Me of a Small Child