World, Are You Listening?

When did my eyes start looking downward?
They use to look up, unaware of where I was going.
(Not caring either)
I'd blindly skip on the sidewalk,
or trudge through the mud.
I would always look upward though,
because I knew you were up, and you were looking down,
I was willing to face the ditches and holes that hid in the distance,
because I knew you were with me.
I loved that I was shielded.
You would lead the way and I would trust enough to know how to follow.

When did I start looking downward?
Tip toe, miserably mold myself to be air-thin,
and subconsciously blending in with the cement.
Somewhere along the line, the heart sunk down, down, downward.
The spirit had no option, but to set off and  fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Could Have Called the Angels

Making My Peace

Feelings UNmutual.