To My Little Brother and Sister


My baby girl and my shy darling boy,
You've done nothing to deserve this.
you've done no wrong, it's God who has let you down.
You are so precious and have done nothing but treat the world with kindness.
 I wish I could absorb this torturous agony you have brewing in your heart.
I wish I could curse God and make Him see the error of His ways.
If I could, I would make it all go away and take the blame for you when God asked who the punishment should go to.
I would give you your dad so you would never have to know what it is like without him.
I would give you all the memories other little boys and girls get to have with their dads.
Every time I talk to my own father or think about the memories i'm going to have with my dad that you won't, I feel guilty.
I promise you both that no matter what you do in your life, even though i cannot provide your dad in the physical sense, I, your brothers and sisters, or Mom will be there for you always. 
Your father will always be with you.
He will always love you and be proud of you.
He will see you on your wedding days.
He will see you get ready for prom.
He will see you graduate high school.
Grow old, become parents yourselves.
As for I,
I will never leave you.
I will always support and love you.
You've done nothing wrong.
I wish I could show you all the ways you've done the world right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Could Have Called the Angels

Making My Peace

Feelings UNmutual.