Waiting...

I am always waiting....

I sit with prayer hands, counterfeit smile, and legs crossed.

You take time for granted...

because you know when you're through,

I'll be sitting at your home

and my world comes to an abrupt halt,

until you decide to grace it with your presence.

You know what keeps me coming,

and you know that mostly it's not for you.

My optimistic heart tells me that you want to love me,

that you want to be like the ones in the movies.

I don't say this because I don't want to be cold,

but I think it's evident that we're strangers.

You know nothing about me,

and the colors in the mental portrait I created of you is slowly smearing "failure."

When will I learn?

The joke is on me,

because I'm still waiting.

Mental Note: Focus on God. God is all you need. God God God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings UNmutual.

You Could Have Called the Angels

Making My Peace