Matthew 12:18

"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations." - Matthew 12:18

Spiritual duties make my chest heavy with obligation
but the expectations are invigorating 
I feel pressures, but also more inclined 
He delights in me He has chosen ME
of all people, from any nation
me


Spiritual obligation sounds derogatory 
mostly just intimidating, sky-scrapper high
I can proclaim justice to the nations?
of all people, to any nation?
me?


Derogatory as it may sound,
I want nothing more than to be a servant
Proud I am, but stupid I am not
I'll serve on my knees, humbly
to disappoint Him would end me
of all people, of all nations.
me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Could Have Called the Angels

Making My Peace

Dreams Remind Me of a Small Child