My Recent Battle With God

Sometimes I want to box with God.
He sucker punches me when I'm not looking
so sometimes I want to fight eye-to-eye

Sometimes I get this feeling he's sitting on a cloud
filling up balloons of heart ache and sorrow
and deciding which helpless soul to drop it on

He ties a knot on top and lets me have it.
ddddooooooowwwwwnnnn, CRASH!!!
I don't think he laughs, but I wonder, "why?"

Why he feels my life must have this
unending,
overwhelming
down pour of tears.

It never ceases.

I want to catch the balloons that fall and throw them right back
let them crash to return the favor
I would not be proud, but I would feel happier

I deal with the devastating effects
only to put up arms for the next attack
it is never one balloon, it always falls in armies

one by one it is an on-going crash
my body undulates into a typhoon
until the stirred-up voice inside of me screams in desperation, "ENOUGH!"

tears streak down my neck
I am on my knees
palms to the ground
surrendered

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making My Peace

Feelings UNmutual.

Dreams Remind Me of a Small Child