JUMP!

It's interesting to me, the things that change in ones life
and what always remains constant.
No matter what school I went to, it was all the same.
"Ms. Mary Mac,Mac,Mac all dressed in black,black,black."
and I would jump.
Traditional or Double Dutch
they both brought me the kind of joy that makes you involuntarily laugh out loud.
"Cinderella dress in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella."
The plastered smile would never let go.
My brown sandals would start hopping.
1 2  3 JUMP, 1 2 3 JUMP.
I'd spin the circles and touch the ground.
I was good at it.
It made me HAPPY.
Sometimes they'd go faster to try and make me fall.
1 2 JUMP, 1 2 JUMP.
but for the most part the games never changed.
Any playground you go to,
they're all the same.
I get taken back when I hear them sing:
"School, school, don't be late. Sign your name on the golden gate."

Mental Note: Appreciate the little things that make you smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Could Have Called the Angels

Feelings UNmutual.

Making My Peace