You Could Have Called the Angels

You could have stopped it.
I would have nothing bad to say.
I wouldn't blame you.
I sinned, not you.
you're perfect.

While the world was weighing you down with callous glances,
and cold-heartedly shouted,"crucify him! CRUCIFY HIM!"
You lay nailed,
remained calm,saddened by what the world has become
God's creations against one another
we're tearing eachother apart like the plague.
yet you hold no grudges

We know how to live.
We know how to love one another,
what to say,
not to say,
not to kill,
or lie,
or cheat,
or steal.
Yet we live wrong.

You could have called the angels.
They could have filled the sky and blocked out the sun
and mirrored the darkness we have allowed into our hearts.
You could have shown you were the son of God.
They would have changed their ways.
For the time being.

You could have called the angels
and aborted your philantropic desire to be
the ultimate sacrifice.
but you didn't.
I look around Jesus,
and most people don't even think about you.
They don't wish to know you.
or be like you.
have a heart like you that touches non-believer's souls in every way.
They forget.
Or worse, were never told.
You sacrificed your life.
How sad is it that we cannot sacrifice our drugs,
alcohol, sex scandals, our gossip, our constant need to be better than everyone else,
our lies, our heavy burden of sin,
For you?

We are sheep, so easily distracted off our path.
While we sit here on this temporary soil
we sin, we shout, "CRUCIFY HIM!"

Jesus, I am sorry and I love you.

Mental Note: You show me what selfless love is.

Comments

  1. I remember this. Easter Day. It was one of the best services I heard and you summed it all up. Love it. Absolutly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feelings UNmutual.

Making My Peace